Monday, May 30, 2011

Friday Night Dinner _ Butter and Jam Bar


For Friday Night Dinner this week I decided to have a butter and jam bar.  I  set out 4 different butters - almond, cashew, creamy peanut and crunchy peanut butter and four jams - mango, blackberry, blood orange and my favorite strawberry, Crofter's jam was on sale this week at Whole Foods which was a plus they are so good and they us fair trade products, which means a lot to me.  Topping included bananas, raisins and dates.  Also had the panini press available to grill the butter and jam sandwich if you choose.  It was fun and we were all able to experience an old time favorite with a twist.  On the way to and from San Francisco I bought the kid's meal on Delta which included a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I had not had one in so long I thought it was the best thing since whole grain bread.  Hence my idea was born - have a butter and jam bar!!!

1 comment:

Joe said...

You are so creative!!