Sunday, May 08, 2011

Atlanta Case # 111280703

Well my Mother's Day did not go as planned

The plan was:

6:45 - walk Patches
7:00 - go on 14 mile bike ride (while listening to a few of my  NPR Podcasts from the week)
9:00 - wash car
10:00 - clean baseboard of living room and mop floor
11:00 - take nap
2:00 pm go see Jumping the Broom at Atlantic Station and pick up Mother's Day card for mom
6:00 pm take mom to dinner for Mother's Day

What actually happened

6:45 - walk Patches
7:00 - go on 8 mile bike ride
8:00 - bike ride interrupted by getting hit by a car on Martin Luther King in front of Texaco and Westview Cemetery
8:01 - laying on the ground in complete shock somebody just hit me on my bike next to a cemetery, Father save me am I going to die, save me a very surreal moment
8:10  People are crowding around me and Good Samaritan name Jackie help to call my mom and gets her and keeps her posted as events unfolded, attempt to call Donnie and Shecky to come to my aid since she is out of town finally get Shecky.
8:15 - Atlanta Police, Fire and Grady EMS arrive on the scene
8:20 - EMS trying to calm me down as I am crying and  hyperventilating and try to convince me to go to the Emergency I respectfully decline
9:15 - Shecky arrives, police, EMS and the lady that hit me leave
9:45 - arrive home really shaken feel like my insides are going to burst, take a shower I look horrible
9:50 - my brother arrives to take me Kaiser urgent care, Keondra and Nicole come over to check on me as well.  ( I had to do something to my hair it took a little longer than expected my hair was a HOT MESS after the morning activities and did not want to show up looking in such a state)
10:40 - head to Kaiser at Glenlake
11:10 - arrive at Kaisier, the doctor calls to make sure I am still coming he is worried about me
11:12 - bird flies into the building I actually catch it and release it back outside that was kind of a surreal moment #2 of the day
11:15 - had a very thorough exam kudos to the doctor for a job well done
11:30 - had Catheter done that was a first, no blood in my urine kidneys are ok, the doctor was concerned based on how the car hit me and how I fell and where I was having pain
11:45 - had X-rays done, preliminary look no broken bones just bruising
1:00 pm arrive back at home
1:30 - My dad arrives to check on me
2:00 - take a nap or at least try to I cannot find a comfortable position to lay down
3:30 - my mom and Luther arrive straight from Florida we know they were speeding
4:30 - go with them to Whole Food for a late lunch
5:30 - spend a little time with Darin
6:30 - try to get some rest, still cannot find a good position to lay down in
9:00 - talk to my dutifully lawyer Donnie

No comments: