Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sabbath Lesson For Me

Well it is the Sabbath after Christmas and of course we had a Christmas themed sermon. I unfortunatly did not focus on it at all. Whenever I am at church and bored or distracted by my surrounding or distracted from my own thoughts I start to read the Bible to bring my mind back into a state of worship in God's Sanctuary. Today was no different. I starting reading in Luke in part directed by the fact that is where the day's text came from however i went pass the Luke 2 Christmas text and went on to read Luke 11:13 which states "if ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your chidren: how much more shall your heavely Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him."

My take away from this text today reminded me of what I put in my Christmas letter. I mentioned not getting the one gift I wanted when in actuality I did get it and have had it a while. I know you are thinking I am talking about the gift of Christ sacrifice on the cross, I realize that and am undoubtedly thankful however that is not what I am talking about. God has given me the gift and just because I was not able to have it on Christmas Day as the world would say I should I had it all the previous 364 give or take a few days of 2009. So weighed properly and in perspective I think I am good, I am great!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!