Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sabbath lessons for me 3

The actual take away from the sabbath sermon for me came at a Bible study I attended afterwards however I will share the topic of divine worship.

First expressing my love to God is called worship.

6 Steps were mentioned in expressing love to God

1. sing to God (Psalms 95:1)
2. talk to God thru prayer ( Psalms 116:1-12)
3. listen to God (John 10:14,16)
4. publically identify with God thru baptism and communion ( Matt.5:14-15, Romans 6:3)
5. be commited to God (Joshua 24:20-22)
6. give to God ( Acts 4:32-35)

my personal comment relates to the last point, giving to God and it was stated that tithing is undesignated giving. I know sometimes when we see someone in need and we do not have the money we may say lets use our tithe to help that person but that is not tithing that is charity. Tithe belongs to God. It means coming to Him and laying it at the alter with no presumption on its exact usage. I thought that was pretty interesting!

No comments: