Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sabbath lesson for Me #4

This is just one statement that stuck with me today as I traveled from Westend to Buckhead for a mission spotlight that tugged at my heart to travel abroad and work and learn about a culture and respect it. Even thought I totally enjoyed the presentation I must present a side bar.

So often I think whenever you mention that you go to some country that has not been westernized people always think you went as a missionary. I find that so insulting. Just because a country has not been westernized does not mean it is your mission field. The United States is a mission field. There are countries on the continent of Africa, South and Central America and Western Europe that look like any city in the so called western world however they also have a culture, a way of life and a respect for their fellow human being that speak to your heart and show you the humanity and love of man. For instance in Ethiopia there is a hug of embrace that that is so beautiful I find it difficult to put into words. The embrace can last minutes depending on the length of time the two people have seen each other. It happens between and within the sexes and individuals minds are not so perverted that they would think that they are gay. The same is true in Tanzania where people hold hands I think it is awesomely beautiful

okay sorry for all of that my lesson is this:

What God has called you to do He will also equip you to perform!!!

No comments: