Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I was reading my devotional this morning and it said something that stuck out to me. It was one phrase that stated 'some women(people) do not know the end of the story.' It is Good Friday which refers to Christ crucifixion and the coming Sunday on which He rose and which many memorialize His resurrection by attending church on this day however that is another story. I took so many things away from that one thought. I thought about the people that were in Ann Taylor last night shopping for their Easter outfit. For many this will be their one trip to church all year and I wonder do they know the end of the story that the gift of Christ life, death and resurrection should be celebrated each day and that celebration should cause us to live a life of submission to Him. I think about the different things that has happened and continue to happen to me and I think about the fact that I do not know the end of the story. My prayer has always been and continues to be Father do what you have to do to save me and if (it does not have to but if it should) it should cost me my social, professionally, financial standing so let it be!

No comments: