Saturday, January 01, 2011

Year in Review - Happy New Year!!!

Well, how do I capture the year in review. I’ll just start at the beginning.  The year started by ending a relationship that had reached its max.   I have learned a lot through this experience which resulted in us being better friends for it.  He even said to me while we were getting to know each other and reminded me soon after we stopped dating that he was a better friend than boyfriend.  That statement has been oh so true.  That reminds me to listen to what men say, they really do know what they are talking about when they speak about themselves.

This year I bought a bike and have been biking and running regularly.  I had planned to do a triathlon this year that did not happen.  However, I plan to participate in one in June, stay tuned.  I feel accomplished to be biking on a regular and developing a love of running and the resulting figure is a nice bonus! 

Everyone in my family is doing well.  My mom and Luther are great.  They are my example on what I hope my marriage relationship with my husband will one day be.  I will add my brother and his wife to the mix as well.  They are starting off the year going on a three week European cruise, I am so excited for them and look forward to getting postcards from their every stop.  I am happy that my brother has found someone that compliments his personality and truly appreciates the wonderful man he is and that he is able to do the same. 

Patches is doing well she did not have that many ear infections this year.  She has had some skin issues but they would heal if she would only stop licking herself.  I may have to get her a cone for her head to aid her but I hate how it makes her uncomfortable.  We shall see how she does over the next couple of weeks.
I got  a chance to hang out with some of my high school and college friends this year more than normal.  Friends from this era of my life I realize are life friends.  They knew you when you were unsure of yourself, immature, materialistic, obnoxious and still stuck with you and you them.  They are priceless – so shout outs to Joseph, Keondra, Nicole, Symet and Tara.  Extra special mention for Dacia who is my resident relationship counselor.  Thanks for all of your wise advice, I look forward to seeing the end  result – do you all know what that is SMILE!!!!  I learned to appreciate my life friends more as a result of experiences I have had with individuals I realized were not friends at all. 

The new year (2011) will bring a better relationship with God,  the completion of my MPH and I pray a job as an epidemiologist with a great company, doing great work , with dedicated people and awesome compensation.  I am looking to travel more and maybe just maybe. 

No comments: