Sunday, January 09, 2011

Park Edge Atlanta

This morning while all manner of noise was happening outside my door as the plumbers were laying my new water line I decided to go to brunch we a friend.  We visited the Park Edge in Inman Park.  It is in  a location that has been home to numerous restaurants over the past five years including a vegetarian restaurant that I enjoyed.  Well my review of the Park Edge is uhmmmmmm I am looking forward to see what restaurant replaces it.  My friend ordered fish and grits and the grits were hard (as if they had been sitting for while, you  know how grits turn stiff when they sit) and the fish was warm at best.  That was surprising to say the least because we saw people around us continually get their food however we thought well it must be his fish that is holding up delivery of our food.  I only ordered what amounted to was pinto beans, rice and fried eggs with wraps to put it in, I bought it home for my dog Patches. I try to get something different when I got out however this was a major disappointment.   My friend sent his fish and stiff grits back for pancakes.  The menu stated pancakes with strawberries and chocolate chips.  You know how I LOVE strawberries and chocolate imagine my disappointment to learn that they did not have it but submitted the strawberries for blueberries.  I am thinking to myself  stores are still selling strawberries why the substitution ( oh and we got their when they opened they did not run out, they opened not well stocked) Who has ever said I want blueberry and chocolate pancakes does that even sound good. Hence we just got the blueberry pancakes without the chocolate.  They were as good a pancakes  can be, you can not mess them up to much however when you bring  them out with in 2 container that hold about 2 tablespoon of syrup that is cold it kind of turns you off.  We were trying to bare thru it let the semi hot pancakes warm up the syrup.  We had a little and left the rest I did not even bother to  get a to- go container for Patches.  After we talked about it we realized it was worth a little less than we paid for it.  My friend got a groupon of sorts that was $15 for 35 worth of food.  We could not imagine spending more than that  for food that was a little above the local Waffle House.    

No comments: