Monday, January 17, 2011

Week in Review

Well the last 7 actually 8 days have been pretty eventful for me in numerous ways.

First on last Sunday my Master plumber finished putting in a new water line for me.  He had to uproot my plants however he cut a nice line into my parking pad, which all the other plumbers just said they would essentially destroy the parking pad and I would need someone to come and lay me another concrete pad. Thankfully that did not happen and he was able to fill it in nicely. 



I must say the new water line makes all the water outlets in the house work with added pressure.  It is kind of nice.  He finished just in time before the Atlanta snow storm of 2011 hit. 


Patches did not like the snow to much and she especially did not like it when it turned to ice and all fours kept slipping.  Add to that she could not smell where she wanted to use the bathroom.  I had to dig up snow in  two places in the yard for her to relieve herself.  The snow lasted unbearabley till Wednesday. I was home Monday thru Wednesday however I was hard at work.  Nothing like teleworking.  I can appreciate the government 's encouragement of it for its employees, it keeps businesses going, if only more companies had policies in place that would keep them functioning even when employees cannot physically come into work.

While I was essentially home bound I did have a lot of time for introspection.  I came to a conclusion about getting SCRAPS.  I do not want any more of anyone's SCRAPS, I deserve more.  So I finally got rid of what first introduced me to SCRAPS and I feel a weight lifted.  I had my own eye opening experience and I did not need a psychologist to do it if anything he/she would have prolonged my dependence on them before I had my break through.  Oh the wasted years.  FATHER please restore what the Locust has eaten.

Also by Wednesday a good friend was finally able to get out of NY and we got to hang out for the next couple of days.  It was really nice, it was a sweet spot!!!

By Sabbath the roads were clear and I went off to church and home.  Sunday and Monday were dedicated to working on my thesis. I have read every article that I referenced againt to see if I could add anything more and started setting it up to be printed.  I have more data analysis to do, the snow days kept me from meeting with two data analyst.  Initially, I was beginning to feel overwhelmed, but then I remembered no weapon formed against me shall prosper and I started getting thru it with the help of googling SAS codes and the numerous SAS books I have.  I see the end of this tunnel.  Come on Feburary 15th!!!   

No comments: