Friday, January 07, 2011

The Woes of Maintaining a House

Well for the past week and a half I have had 5 so called plumbers and 1 master plumber come by my house to figure out where the water is coming from that was creating a stream down my driveway.  It actually sickened me everyday to watch it waste down the street consdering there are millions of people in the world that do not have clean water and here I am  wasting water.  Where actually not intentionally initially we/ the plumbers could not figure out where the water was coming from and if it was actually my water or if it was water or sewage.  I had the water tested and it was confirmed that is was clean chlorinated water thus my water.  Once I realized I decided to take it upon myself and cut the water off wtih the the water shut off key during the times I was not using to to minimize on the wasted water.  All of that being said today I officially hired the Master Plumber to come and fix what turned out to be a busted water pipe.  He had determined two things were going to happen he could fix it where the pipe broke seen here




or he would have to replace the line.  Well he was wrapping up and we thought he was finished and that it was just the pipe that he replaced seen here


however upon looking at the meter we realized there was another leak, initially we thought it was in the meter box that was not it then he decided to start digging further up the line and then we found this little spring of water poop up




So you know what that means he will now have to replace the entire line.  He could just fix the two holes but the concern is that once he does that I will be calling him out again in a few weeks to fix another hole so I  have to get a whole new line. He stopped (will finish up Sunday before our little snow storm hits) after we realized that since he took the half the day digging up my tree that facilitated the broken line seen here.  My poor crape myrtle. 




But according to Reggie (the Master Plumber)   trees in your front yard  are a financial hit waiting to happen in terms of their roots wrapping themselves around all the possible lines you have in the ground.  Lesson Learned at a cost of about $2000 and counting!!!!

No comments: