Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What does success look like?

I attended a Public Health Leadership Seminar as part of my MPH program on last Friday and a young man named Dustin Duncan, a Morehouse College Alumni and PhD doctoral student at Harvard University had this slide in his presentation (using with permission) that caused me to ask myself the following questions and they gave me an assurance that I am coming into my SWEET SPOT!!!

-What am I passionate about?  Inequalities in developing countries that result in poor health outcomes
-What can I be really good at?  Advocating for those that cannot speak
-What are indicators of success?  Making a lasting change that results in people that might not have had a favorable outcomes do because of some intervention I was able (by God's grace) to implement and doing it all around the world. 

1 comment:

Joe said...

Good to know that you are coming into ur sweetspot! Maybe this is what people do in their 30s, at least career wise :-)