Monday, August 08, 2011

Bodies Exhibition

I had the privilege to visit the Bodies Exhibit at Atlantic Station last week.  It was an amazing exhibit.  It was definitely an exhibition of how fearfully and wonderful made our Creater God has made us.  The detail and preservation displayed in intricate detail how our body is interelated. 

The most thought provoking part of the exhibit was the display of fetus in utero.  It displayed fetus at 9 weeks and onward.  I had never seen that.  I have always thought that if I became pregnant, I would have an abortion if needed.  After viewing the detail of the baby during those weeks during the first trimester I doubt I could.  It is essentially a tiny baby. 

I still do believe in a woman's right to choose.  This experience also made me think about legislation that requires women to view the unborn baby before an abortion is performed ( as is the case in Texas and proposed in Michigan).  That essentially is fear tactic.  I could not imagine viewing those images in an emotional state and not having an angry response to the person that showed me and to myself for making the choice for whatever reason to abort.  I feel for any woman that has to make that decision. 

No comments: