Monday, October 25, 2010

Sabbath Lesson Really Sabbath School Lesson for Me

The week ending Friday, October 22nd the Sabbath School lesson was on Friendship highlighting the friendship of David and Jonathen (found in I Samuel 14 - 21).  It is an awesome story of friendship.  The lesson last week made the following statement that has stuck with me "true friendship is a completely voluntary relationship."  That is so simple but was profound to me.  Unlike family, I choose my friends, I choose to call, I choose to spend time with them , I want them in my life.  There was a time in my life where I felt I did not have True Friendship, I can say today God has given me true friendships that embodies John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

No comments: