Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sabbath Lesson for Me

Today’s sermon by Pastor Carlton P. Byrd was God’s weapons of mass destruction. It was taken from Exodus 7 – 12. These texts tell the story of the 10 plagues God brought upon Pharaoh and the Egyptians as a result of Pharaoh refusing to let the Israelites go, they were;


1. All water outlets turned to blood (Exo. 7:17)

2. Frog infestation (Exo. 8:10)

3. Dust turned to lice (Exo. 9:17)

4. Fly infestation (Exo. 8:21)

5. Death of cattle (Exo. 9:2)

6. Boils (Exo. 9:9)

7. Hailstorm ( Exo. 9:18)

8. Locust (Exo. 10:4)

9. Darkness (Exo. 10:22)

10. Death of the first born (Exo. 12:29)

My take away or what I was reminded of is that God is our protector and avenger. He(God) does not need me to fight situations I find myself in. He will protect and avenge me in ways I could never have thought or imagined and He uses weapons I could never have thought of. Who would have ever thought frogs could be used as a weapon? My God is awesome!!!!

No comments: