Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Office is Now Complete

Well my office is officially finished thanks to my SUNFLOWERS who surprised me and brought over a huge palm last night, which was the finishing touch the room needed. I was wavering between putting up a drape in front of the window which I really did not want because the window is kinda cute. Take a look at the pictures. What do you think? Just in case you are wondering all furnishing are compliments of Pottery Barn via my 40% employee discount. Desk – Bedford Corner Desk, Book shelf – Study Wall Shelf and wood gallery frames, Rug – Sisal Rug with black border, red drape ( I can switch the drape out and change accent of  the theme of black and white)- Cameron Drape, the chairs they do not have any more and the desk chair is probably older then me it is a classic and Pottery Barn actually sells one exactly like it but it is cheaper quality of wood and is much smaller. I have not acquired all of my books from my moms storage but once I do I will probably need another shelf, I have books from undergrad and graduate school and my current collection that I am acquiring in my MPH program.





I have to include a little note about the Palm that SUNFLOWERS brought over. First it was a shock I could not stop thanking, hugging and kissing him not that he is not AWESOME all the time but I had forgotten that I had asked/mentioned in passing, what he thought about a plant in front of the window since he has such a green thumb and could he look into one for me. So when he showed up with it, I was like oh wow you got me a plant. You got me what I wanted. And when I told him how thankful I was he said you asked me for it and I was like yeah but I did not necessarily think you would get it. Something about that is pretty awesome to me and I am not expressing it in words as I would like but I know what it meant to me and that is the most important thing.

No comments: