Friday, February 12, 2010

Not Washington, DC but


It snowed today.  The pic is of my house I thought I would capture it as it snowed on it.   I took off today and it was a joy from the moment I woke up till now (minus the slight headache I have now which only tells me I ate something with dairy in it and I did not know it).  My mom and I decided since I had my dad's truck to head up to Dawsonville to visit Pottery Barn Outlet  to make use of my employee discount which I fear will be ending soon since holding down my full time job at the Food Bank and going to grad school full time is taking most of my time so much so that I barely have time to for just me in addition to studying.  However giving up the discount is a lot to let go.  Every since I have worked there I have said I want a sofa and I have yet to buy one.  I have furnished my dining room, a guest room, my bedroom and now my office ( you will see the transformation, I am working on it this weekend stay tuned) but not my living room.  I even went to the Outlet for the purpose of finishing up getting stuff for my office and I did all but for  a drape which I will run over to West Elm ( a division of William Sonoma which also owns Pottery Barn and the discount work there too)  over the weekend to see if they have anything.  I feel like I keep drifting but the point is I bought a sofa today for the bargain basement price of $300 (yes it is new), I only wish they had two of them.  I feel I can now comfortable depart from the great PB without any regrets I have gotten what I wanted but then I really want to furnish my other guest room.  The discount keeps calling me back once you pay a drastically different price it is hard to go back to buying at full price, the fake sale price and even the clearance price when you know if you gave up 4-10 hours a week you could benefit from a great discount.  Stay tuned on when I let go!!!!

No comments: