Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sabbath Lesson for Me

Well today's lesson as always was learned even before the pastor got up to speak.  It was the children's story.  The speaker spoke of telling the truth and how you cannot build relationships on stories (lies are what we adults call them). 

The second lesson was taught when the pastor did stand up.  He spoke of Samson and Delilah (Judges 13 - 16).  Samson was raised to be of service to God and Delilah was raised to be Samson's destruction.  He bought it home to me when he stated that God has a purpose in my life and Satan has a purpose for my life.  Decisions I make follow one of those purposes, I realize a few that I have been making were not following God"s .  Father give me the strength to follow the purpose you have for my life and the faith to believe you will do what you have promised. 

No comments: