Sunday, May 09, 2010

The Bike

I finally got the bike that I have been wanting for a while.  It is a Globe 700 (a division of Specialized Bikes) step thru that I acquired from Outback Bikes in Little Five Points.   I have ridden it a few times today and I am committing to riding it once a day around the park across from my house, starting with one lap a day for a week and building up.  It will be my exercise routine.  My goal is to be physically fit and if that happens to turn into consistently weighing 140 pounds.  I will give all praise to God.  Below is the picture of my bike.  The only drawback to it I realized after I got it home, it does not have a kickstand.  And when I called back I informed the sales person that my bike did not have a kickstand and she informed me that it does not come with one and I asked how does it stand up and she said you lean it up against something or put it in a bike rack and I thought, are you serious you pay $400 to lean the bike up against something.  A kickstand cost $13, I will be getting one tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Joe said...

You need to write a letter to them, I know they will give you a kick stand after you explain your amazement!!! and I KNOW that YOU can write a letter.

Joe said...

By the way...the bike IS BEAUTIFUL!