Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update on School

Well just to give an update I had mid term exams about two weeks ago. I received my grades and to date I have two A's and two B's. My goals is all A's. Stay tuned!!!. I am still excited about pursuing my MPH and the opportunities that it will prayfully open to me.

A few weeks ago I decided to investigate every division at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that I would want to work for and email the person that heads the particular division of interest. Of the 20 people I emailed 10 emailed me back and provided input, referral or just encouragement. As I result I also had the honor of speaking with the head of a division of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on yesterday and it was an amazing conversation. I was very appreciative that he took the time and provided some very insightful information that will guide my professional career. It affirmed in me that their are people in the world and in higher level position in corporations and organization that enjoy mentoring others. Tey realize they will not always hold the position they have and want to ensure that the individuals that follow them are as prepared and equiped to build upon what they have established and develop it even further.

Thank you Father for using your people to aid and direct me!!!

No comments: