Friday, June 26, 2009

End of June

I just finished reviewing my blog and I realized I have not posted since early May. I am going to try to catch up in this post.

Well a great matriarch of Seventh-day Adventist music died on June 11th. Her name is Alma Montgomery Blackmon. I had the opportunity to have conversations with her many times over the past twenty years and I never told her how much I appreciated her ability to conduct, arrange and perform musical programs with an air of reverence and respect. I regret that.

I also regret I never had to her as a voice coach. I always said to myself that once I was engaged I would have her teach me voice so i could sing on Only God Could Love You More to my husband on my wedding day. Since my official wedding day has not happened and she is no longer with us the chances of that sung being sang by me is less likely now.

I went to Orangeburg, SC two weeks ago with a friend for the South Atlantic Conference Campmeeting. It was nice. We had musical guest Cece Winans. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. Her personality exudes genuineness. I was definitely ministered to.

I have decided to attend Morehouse School of Medicine. I kind of decided that (unconciously) the moment I applied. I figure it was between Emory and Morehouse and if I was going to shell out over $20,000 for my MPH, I should make sure the check is going to a school that one is good ( I would not have applied otherwise), has great networking opportunities and that historically supports and performs research on people like me - an African American and others from under represented backgrounds and educates the public and thus Morehouse has been chosen. I look forward to joining the ranks of it disguished alumni. I am sure I will have lot to blog on over the next two years in that regard.

This weekend I have my cousins wedding. I will blog about that on Monday however the logistics of it all has already started. Stay tuned!!!

No comments: