Monday, May 04, 2009

God's Answers Yes and No

Last Sabbath the pastor spoke on blessings. One of the main points I have been meaning to blog since last sabbath was my notes on blessings. We wonder sometimes why GOD may say NO to our petition for a house, a job, or a spouse. We sometimes have the misconception that GOD has not answered us because He did not say yes but when in actuality He has, it was just not what we necessarily wanted or expected. I think about the various things in my life and I can honestly say thank you Lord for not granting me my petition as I had asked. As I review my petitions I see that if GOD had answered the way I wanted I would be married to an unfaithful husband, I would be at another job and not headed to get my MPH which will launch me to were the LORD desires me to position me for greatness ( I decided today I want to be a Fulbright Scholar along with my long time ambition of being a MacArthur Genuis Award Winner), and I would not have my house, to name a few. So the overall purpose of this post is to say that GOD's blessing can be YES or NO

1 comment:

LeesOnTheGo said...

Thank you for the sweet reminder. You're right that sometimes God's greatest blessing is to withhold that one thing that we think would really bless us.

May God richly bless you today...