Tuesday, December 12, 2006

American Public Media

I am trully enjoying my new ipod. Not for music as most but for all the podcast I get to download.

I have American Public Media as one of my podcast. I was listening to it yesterday it present excerpts of a conference titled Vietnam and the Presidecy held at the John F Kennedy Library last. One of the most profound things that was said and applys to the current situation we ar ein in Iraq.

Said by Jack Valenti second assistant to President LB Johnson.

He stated three reason why we did not win the war in Vietnam (in hindsight)

1. Cannot win when public support declines. People grow tired of confusion and whose(war) end is nowhere in sight
2. Cannot win a war against an insurgency that springs form the population
3. To fight an enemy you have got to know the ancestral rythms, customs and traditionS
4. and when 40% of what the pentagon estimate is not trUE

I also must add that you cannot TRULLY win a war no matter how many troops you send if the people you are fighting for has a cause related to a deep religious belief. Peoples belief in their God/god will give them the endurance to do anything and even to die. The cause is greater than the situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the podcast comment. But as to the comment about not winning a war against a people who are motivated by God, I think there have been many wars fought and won against devout, religiously motivated people.