Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sabbath Lesson for Me #9

Today I went to my church West End SDA Church

Pastor Calvin Preston spoke. Worship started off a little loud. The praise and worship team I believe was a little disoriented as to what Praise and Worship is for. It ended up being more of a concert in my opinion. However Pastor Preston was awesome. His sermons' key text was Genesis 13: 10 -12. It speak about Abraham and Lot going into different directions and how Lot pitched his tent toward Sodom. As you continue reading thru Genesis Lot begins to dwell in Sodom (Gene 14:12) and then Lot is at the Gate of Sodom (Gen, 19:1) signifying his prominence in the land and by the end of Genesis the angel of the Lord tells Lot to leave for God is going to destroy the city. The title of the sermon was pitching your tent toward Sodom.

It really spoke to me. The devil strokes us into sin. He does not just out right tempt us. He strokes us nd before us we are further from God then we ever thought we would be. Father help me not be stroked by the devil. I saw the devil do that to me this week however I claim victory over devils attempt to make me lost and stray away from God.

When you pitch your tent toward Sodom you loose. At the end Lot was not happy, his children loved Sodom and even his wifes' heart was there and she was lost, his spiritual life was gone and he was much poorer than when he first pitched his tent. Satan will not leave us until he breaks us or we break his hold by the word of God that strengthen us.

Father my greatest desire is to be saved. I want to experience true peace, companionship and love that I know only comes from a relationship with you. Please make me whole. Amen

No comments: