Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sabbath Sermon for Me........

Job 1:6-22
Tells of the story of the Lord’s servant Job. Satan tells God that Job only continues to serve Him because of the hedge the Lord has placed around him. God invited Satan to test His servant Job and that He would decrease the hedge however Satan could not touch his life. In one day Job loses his cattle, his livelihood and his children. How Job responds testifies of his relationship with the Lord, he falls to the ground and worships God.

When I think of my life and recent events I can only say the Lord has had a hedge about me and kept me anchored in Him. That anchoring is the result of a faithful mother, Christian education and true friendship during the past 12 months where I have experienced the power and fear from dominating sources. Only by the grace and mercies of God and the hedge His has encamped about me that I am able to see that I must fight for the civil and human rights of those that are unable to speak .

God wants to show us what true love looks like. I am thankful for the love of my mother and Luther, best friends Joseph and Tara and the best psychologist I know, Keith.

No comments: