Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Sabbath

This morning I woke up feeling excited about a wonderful  Sabbath in store for me.  I took Patches for a walk and a left to go run with Black Girls Run around Centennial Olympic Park.  I happily paid for parking as a result of having just paid for three parking tickets with only one being mine but that is another story.  I thought to myself (actually I believe it was the Holy Spirit prodding) I needed to double check where I parked so I will be able to find my car when I finish my run, but I did not.  I had a great 3.1 mile run listening to my iphone and keeping pace with a few awesome ladies. 
At the end of the run,  I encouraged the other ladies as they finished and then I started walking to my car I thought.  After about 15 minutes of wondering around trying to find where I parked, I got some help from a really nice police officer, who did not think I was completely crazy for not knowing where I parked my car.  The Lord is so good to me because I thought for a half a second about panicking but I thought better of it and reminded myself it was a car and I will find it eventually.  But I was getting anxious about being late for church.  The Lord calmed me and I found the car and thanked the police officer. 
I continued to drive home.  As I was seating at a red light listening some great Christian music, I noticed a police car behind me and thought ahhhhhhhhh.  Ok.  When the light turned green I started off and then I saw blue lights from the police car and thought ohhh really ok.  I initially hesitated like is that for me so I eased over to the side of the road and he informed me that I was speeding going 50 in a 35 and I was ohhhhhhh ok.  And I thought ohhhh devil you are really good at your job, but my God is so much better at His,His grace and mercy covers me.  The devil was really trying to through off my wonderful Sabbath and keep me or delay me from going to church.  The officer gave me a ticket and I was completely smiling the whole time because I knew it was not about him it was the devil at work.  The officer explained the whole ticket to me and I just felt myself beaming and he asked did I have any questions and I said no and thanks  for the ticket and I proceeded to tell him he was really cute (and he was)  and to have a great day.  We both laughed.  I continued my drive home waiting to see what the devil was going to through at me next. 
I got home, showered and  dressed  in what I must say a really cute outfit and out the door in record time.  As I am driving to church I am encouraging myself with God’s word in my mind and song on my lips.  The Lord favored me with getting my parking space even though I was much later than my normal.  As I am thanking God for his favor, the devil sends a phone call to distract me from preparing my mind for worship.  I just had to say devil get thee behind me in the name of Jesus.  I come into God’s sanctuary completely ready to see what the devil wanted to keep me from experiencing.  The message was given by Pastor Boston and he spoke about listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit.  It really spoke to me because believe the little small voice in my head that speaks to me throughout the day and advises me which way to go and unfortunately I do not listen all the time. 
I left church and visited a friend who is having surgery this week and is homebound until then. I relayed the above to him and the devil trying to come at me and he stated well it is just like a player who always attends practice eventually all of the work at practice will come in handy during the big game. 

Father, I know this day is a small part of the game that is my life but thank you for preparing me to defeat the enemy on today’s fight.  I pray in advance for the next time the devil tries to discourage me that I will identify the devil as the enemy and not the person or situation. 

No comments: